October 17, 2019 @ 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Hawaii Pacific University, Multi Purpose Room #3
1 Aloha Tower Drive
1 Aloha Tower Drive
HGPC Members: $20, Non-members: $25
Hawaii Gift Planning Council and Hawaii Community Foundation present:
Words that work in major and planned gifts fundraising: Statistical analysis of the words and phrases that encourage planned giving.
Skype presentation by:
Dr. Russell N. James III, J.D., Ph.D., CFP
Professor & CH Foundation Chair in Personal Financial Planning
Director of Graduate Studies in Charitable Planning, Texas Tech University
What words increase interest in making a bequest gift? What job titles work best for donors? How should you describe a complex gift to generate the most interest? This presentation shares results from a series of surveys uncovering the words and phrases that work best to encourage interest in planned giving. Dr. James begins with an overview of the neurological processes that drive charitable decision-making and explains how these processes link to the survey results on optimum word choice. Learn practical, scientifically-based approaches that will increase your effectiveness in communicating about planned giving.
Click “Tickets” to register by October 10, 2019. To receive the HGPC member rate, you must login with your username/password.
- Tuscan Flatbread box lunch: Sun-Dried Tomato Spread, Grilled Zucchini, Roasted Peppers, Goat Cheese and Arugula Flatbread served with Mustard, Mayo, Herbed Quinoa Side Salad, Chips, Freshly Baked Brownie and Bottled Water.
- Kale Pesto Turkey Ciabatta box lunch: Turkey, Provolone, Tomato, Balsamic Glaze and Spicy Kale Pesto on Ciabatta served with Mustard, Mayo, Chilled Dill Cucumber Salad, Chips, Freshly Baked Brownie and Bottled Water.
- Salmon Caesar Salad box lunch: Caesar Salad with Grilled Salmon, Shredded Parmesan Cheese and Seasoned Croutons served with a Bakery Roll, Fresh Fruit Cup, Lemon Cheesecake Dessert Bar and Bottled Water.
Aloha Tower Parking (Property Map):
- Self-parking available at Irwin Park or Piers 5/6. Self-parking with validation – 1st hour free, $2 for every hour after that up to the 6th hour.
- Valet parking available starting at 11:30am off Aloha Tower Drive. Valet parking with validation – $4 flat rate for 3 hours, $20 flat rate for more than 3 hours.